Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Loved this book!

Covert - G.K. Moore

I really want to knock a star off for the end because I hated it but to be perfectly honest, this book was amazing. I couldn't put it down.

I'm seriously addicted to mafia romances. There's just something about the guys that strikes a chord with me. Maybe it's their combination of being alpha males and going for revenge on the bad guys that threaten or hurt their women. But either way, from page one, Alex was perfect. I loved every moment of him.

Olivia aka Lou aka Lou Lou aka Livi....well...I had more issue with her. I liked her and felt for her in what she'd been through and survived but there were many times that I also thought the current day Livi was TSTL. I just didn't get her. In theory, I agree with her that she needed to be smart. But the thing was, she wasn't smart. The only time she was smart was when she contacted Alex when she was in trouble. But once he started helping her, she started working against him and acting stupid. He life was in danger and she totally disregarded that and made bad decisions that put other people, as well as herself in even more danger. She didn't stop to discuss things with Alex, she just went off half-cocked and made assumptions. So for that, I really hated her.

I loved the flashbacks that were in this book. They provided history as well as establishing the connection between Livi and Alex. I loved seeing how they fell for each other and how things fell apart. But I have to admit, even before the flashbacks started, I could feel the connection with just their first meeting in the book.

I really hate that this book had a cliffhanger because I'm dying to know what happens next. I need to know what really happened and what's going on with Alex, because there's definitely more to the story. And I need to know that Alex is going to get his HEA with me Livi.

I can't thank the author enough for an advanced copy of this book. I loved (almost) every moment of it and can't wait to find out what happens next.