Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

REVIEW: Trust in Me by Stephanie Reid

Trust in Me (Protector Series Book 2) - Stephanie Reid

I wasn’t sure what this book was going to really be about based on the blurb. Obviously, Sandra and her brother get into some kind of trouble and Nick, her brother’s boss, steps in to protect them. But I wasn’t sure what he did to do that. I had a hunch and a hope, but I didn’t know for sure.

This is the second book in this series, but it’s my first book by the author. I didn’t expect the humor in the writing, it was a very pleasant surprise. Nick and Sandra had me laughing all throughout the book with their banter and fighting.

Nick was a nice enigma at the start of the book. Sandra and he were thrown together when she was in the middle of binging on snacks after a break up. They instantly started bickering and there was no looking back.

I did have a few facepalm moments. One was when Sandra followed her brother to a sketchy part of town and into a dive bar. Not only did she stick out like a sore thumb, but she drew attention to herself, distracting Nick in the process. Another moment was toward the end of the book when she ended up in the presence of the bad guy, lied to him and then immediately slipped up. They weren’t horrible moments, but like I said, I had some facepalms going on.

I will say that I did figure out who the bad guy was early on. Actually, as soon as the character’s name was given, I went “That’s the bad guy!”. There wasn’t much build up of suspense. There was one instance of Sandra’s life being in danger but the second time, while technically threatening, wasn’t an event that actually put her life in danger. I kind of wish there had been more suspense.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would definitely read more from the author.

*ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*