Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

REVIEW: Leo Maddox by Sarah Darlington

Leo Maddox - Sarah Darlington

As the author states in the description of this book, this is the same story as He Belongs With Me…only from Leo’s POV. I was glad to get his POV because I loved him but I can’t help wishing the previous book was purely his and Clara’s.

The great thing about this book (well, one of them) was that there wasn’t as much Maggie. I couldn’t stand her in the other book. I’m one to hold grudges against fictional characters so my loathing of her didn’t go away. She was also the downside to this book. But there was far less of her so I was immensely glad of that.

I still loved Clara. She wasn’t the bad girl everyone thought she was and Leo knew that. He saw through her shell and “rebelliousness” and saw the real her. What I loved about this book over the other one is that it wasn’t a love triangle. Maggie made things all about her in the other one so that when Leo and Clara started to find happiness, she threw a tantrum and caused problems, even deciding she was in love with him too. But this book…it was all about Leo’s love for Clara and the lengths he was willing to go to show her that. For that alone, this book is awesome.