Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Black Heart (Cursed Hearts, #1) - R.L. Mathewson I don’t know what to say about this book beyond saying it was AWESOME! (Yes, it deserves all caps.)

R.L. Mathewson is an amazing writer. She knows how to suck me into a story and keep hold of me until the last page. And her books always stick with me long after I’ve finished them.

I’ll admit that I was a little hesitant about this book when I first heard about it. I shouldn’t have been since I’ve never read a bad book by Mathewson, but this was a new series; not one that has been out and had multiple books. I didn’t know what to expect. I didn’t know if it would disappoint me. But, that didn’t stop me from snatching it up and devouring it at the first opportunity I had.

But once I started, I couldn’t put it down. I loved Tristan. Yes, he was a jerk, but I still loved him. And I wanted him to get the girl he wanted. I really liked Marty. She was a strong woman but I kept yelling at her to give Tristan a chance. I wanted them together. And I love their families. They were just awesome and loving. R.L. Mathewson is great at writing fun, loving and real families.

I won’t spoil the twist to the book, I’ll just say that there is a twist…a couple of them really. The first one I loved. It was something different for the author. And while I was a little leery at first about the second twist, it grew on me. I can’t wait to read more from this series.