Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Sweet Dreams  - Kristen Ashley I don’t know if I’m jumping on the KA bandwagon or if she’s growing on me but each book I read seems to get better than the last.

I really enjoyed this one. Well, when I wasn’t pulling my hair out because Tate annoyed me or pissed me off (and that was often). But he did have his sweet moments. I loved LAUREN. She definitely wasn’t a doormat. And I loved that about her. All too often, when you get an alpha hero, the heroine isn’t an equal. But here, LAUREN was his equal. There was more than one occasion where I was cheering her on for giving as good as she got.

I'm normally not a huge fan of nicknames in books (the somethings sound false and unnatural) but I loved the way she called him Captain and he called her Ace! It just worked for me.

My biggest pet peeve in this book was Laurie. I just didn’t get where it came from and I ended up feeling like the author changed her mind about LAUREN’s name half way through. It would have been different if she had said “Hi, my name’s Lauren but please, call me Laurie.” But she didn’t. The only person she told to call her Laurie was Jonas. But the rest of the characters, it didn’t make sense to me. So every time I saw “Laurie”, I changed it to LAUREN. As far as I was concerned, that was her name.

One other thing that bothered me was a small part of the murder mystery. Toward the end, a reason was given as to why the killer escalated his kills and it didn’t make sense. It just felt like it was tacked on to wrap it up but it didn’t hold up. I’ve watched enough cop shows and profiler shows to realize that the theory didn’t hold up. (yes, I am a couch detective…in the book and movie sense.)

Other than that, this book was extremely enjoyable. It definitely makes me want to read the rest of this series.

My Tate and Lauren:

I mean...who wouldn't want to be in a Joe Magliano...I mean...Tate...Sandwich!? ;)

If you want to see my LAUREN with her Tate, here.

While I was reading, this song kept going through my head: True Love by Pink. And I thought it was perfect for this book and Tate & LAUREN'S relationship.

Lyrics:

"True Love"
(feat. Lily Rose Cooper)

Sometimes I hate every single stupid word you say
Sometimes I wanna slap you in your whole face
There's no one quite like you
You push all my buttons down
I know life would suck without you

At the same time, I wanna hug you
You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

No one else can break my heart like you

Just once try to wrap your little brain around my feelings
Just once please try not to be so mean
Repeat after me now R-O-M-A-N-C-E-E-E
Come on I'll say it slowly (Romance)
You can do it baby

You're the only love I've ever known
But I hate you, I really hate you,
So much, I think it must be

It must be true love
And no one else can break my heart like you

(I love you, I think it must be love, I love you)

Why do you rub me up the wrong way?
Why do you say the things that you say?
Sometimes I wonder how we ever came to be
But without you I'm incomplete

I think it must be
It must be true love
And no one else can break my heart like you (like you)
No one else can break my heart like you (like you)
No one else can break my heart like you