Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Down for the Count (Dare Me Series, #1) - Christine  Bell I loved this book. I’m a huge sucker for childhood crush stories and when you add it the fact that the crush was on her best friend’s brother…I’m all over it! And this book lived up to every expectation and surpassed them! I have absolutely no complaints about this book. It was perfect from start to finish. Ok, that’s a lie…I had one complaint but it was extremely minor and it didn’t impact my rating or feelings for the book overall.

I had so much respect for Lacey. I’m not quite sure how I would have reacted in her position but I admire her for how she handled everything. And I loved her and Galen together. Galen was an awesome hero. Definitely one I would be willing to fight over. Hands off Alyssa! :P He never hesitated to help Lacey when she needed it and yet he was all alpha and hot at the same time. This is definitely a fan inducing book. I loved seeing them spend 2 weeks in paradise together and I was yelling at his sister (and her bff) Cat for showing up and putting a stop to things. I get why she was there, and that she forced the issue of their relationship, but I really didn’t want them interrupted.

My issue actually came with Cat showing up. Neither Lacey or Gallen was really willing to admit what they wanted, especially to each other. So they gave me some irritation when they didn’t talk and figure things out.

My only other irritation was the fact that Lacey didn’t get to use her newly acquired boxing skills on her ex and her bridesmaid. I really wanted them to get it in the end. I felt like they got off scot-free…and I hate that. They deserved torture…a long and slow torture. Neither of them knows the meaning of the word loyalty and they deserved every bad thing to happen to them.

But, this really was an awesome book. When I wasn’t laughing, I was sighing over how amazing Galen was. I want my own Galen! I have to thank my friend Nikki for talking me into reading it!

Favorite quotes:

"What it looks like is that you're having sex with one of my oldest friends in the linen closet of our reception hall. Unless, of course, she's lost something in her vagina and you were gallant enough to try and fish it out for her. With your penis. If that's the case, I suggest using a larger lure."

and

Dear Satan. I don't know why you're testing me, but I don't like it. No love, Galen.

and

“When are you going to get it, Lacey? You’re worth the trouble. You deserve to be around people who want to do things for you and make you smile.”

Do you understand why I want my own Galen now? :)