Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Wait for You  -  Jennifer L. Armentrout, J. Lynn I love J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout’s books. It’s as simple as that. Granted, I haven’t read all of them (yet) but every single book I’ve read, I’ve loved.

Wait for you wasn’t a typical J. Lynn book. And by that I mean it wasn’t about adults. This was about college age kids. It was firmly NA. Yes, legally they are adults, but they are college kids and they act that way.

I loved Cam. He is definitely one of my favorite heroes of all time. Every scene with him was so much fun to read and I would be lying if I said he didn’t make me

Because he definitely did. He was awesome. And he baked!

And it wasn’t just cookies, he had a whole array of baked goods. And he cooked for Avery. And speaking of Avery...I really liked her. She had endured a lot of stuff prior to the book. I loved how Cam really had to work for his date with Avery. Even though he was interested in her (and made it known at every opportunity), he didn’t push her further than she was ready to handle. They actually spent time together, getting to know each other. I loved reading their scenes. Avery had some of the best friends found in books. Jacob and Brit. They were funny, supportive and caring. Combined with the little we saw of Cam’s friends (Jace & Ollie), they made up a great group. Oh, and I can’t forget Raphael and later Michelangelo.

Avery’s parents were just horrible. That’s all there was to it. In every page you could feel the lack of care and emotion they had for her. I was so happy when Avery told them off and called them on their crap. I was definitely cheering her on.

My only complaints (to an otherwise perfect book) was the fact that Avery let multiple moments pass where she could have come clean with Cam about her background. I understand it was hard for her to talk about it and that she didn’t want to talk about it. But every time she considered it she kept her mouth shut. My other complaint…Avery’s confrontation with her parents and Molly. Don’t get me wrong, I was glad both happened, but it was left until the very end. It almost felt rushed. Right after Avery tells Cam everything, she goes home, confronts her parents and Molly and the book ends with the epilogue.

But, even with the rushed confrontations and ending, I loved this book. I actually feel like I don’t have enough words to state how much I loved this book. It will definitely be a reread for me in the future. But that’s hardly surprising since every J. Lynn/ Jennifer L. Armentrout book I’ve read is the same way.

And to finish off my review, a picture of My Cam:

My reviews can also be found on the blog Confessions of 2 Book Lovers.