Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire I wasn’t sure if I would like this book. I know it’s been around for a while. People on GR seem to love it. Most of my friends have read it…and loved it (and a few didn’t). But I was hesitant. The description just didn’t scream “READ ME!!!!!” at me. So…I didn’t read it. But I didn’t dismiss it completely either. I just put it off…and off…and off…and off…you get the idea. But then a friend told me that the second book was coming out in early April. She convinced me to read BD and potentially WD when I was done. Well…give me a buddy read on a questionable book, and I’ll more than likely read it. So, April 1st rolls around, and I officially started Beautiful Disaster. *fun fact* April 1st is Travis’ birthday. Loved celebrating with him

Abby’s nickname. Pigeon…Pidge…Let me start off by saying…I’m not a huge fan of nicknames in books. A lot of the time, they come off sounding cheesy and sometimes mushy…like they don’t fit the characters saying or receiving them. But names like Pigeon/Pidge work for me. I know Travis said where the nickname came from, but I liked my version better. The first time I heard Pigeon/Pidge, I thought of Lady and the Tramp. And I liked that thought...Abby was like Lady….the refined little lady. Travis was definitely a lot like Tramp. So it just made me smile at the thought of Travis using the cartoon nickname for Abby.

I ended up really enjoying the Beautiful Disaster roller-coaster. One thing that did bother me…Everyone getting on Abby’s case for not seeing that Travis was into her. I actually didn’t have a problem with Abby not knowing. This is how I saw it: Abby hoped that Travis was interested and had a suspicion that he was, but he never actually came out and told her. He hinted at it, he danced around it but he never actually said the words. And she was scared. She was scared to put herself out there just to find out that she was wrong and he wasn’t interested in her. Or that she was just another random hookup. I loved Travis & Abby’s friendship. I loved watching them dance around each other and fall in love with each other.

My least favorite part (the part I prefer to forget exists) was the trip to Vegas and the appearance of Abby’s dad. I wasn’t sure what Abby’s secret past was, but I didn’t see the truth coming. I had theories but I was way off. But this part was just a minor blemish on an otherwise great book.

I ended up really loving this book and really wish I had read it sooner.

Just for fun, this song reminded me of Abby and Travis... Ne-Yo's Let Me Love You

This book was provided by Simon & Schuster via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.