Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Secret Maneuvers - Jessie Lane This book...was…I don’t know. This book was awful. And completely awesome. I think I’m speechless. This really was an awesome book. I was hooked from the first page.

Jessie Lane is incredibly talented. And it’s because of that talent that this book was awful for me.

Bobby was hot, alpha, military, and oh, did I mention hot?

I loved him. And…I hated him. With a passion. With a burning Passion. A burning passion that left me wanting to cause him physical harm.

One of my friends said they had a love-hate relationship with Bobby, and I could totally see why. But it went beyond that for me. I was literally beside myself while reading this book.

Bobby was constantly hitting every mark on my Irritable Acts meter. He started in the first chapter with the Dear Jane letter. And that was not an good omen for Bobby. Most of the book was spent with me wanting to alternate between me wanting to Gibbs head slap him

and me wanting to go all Bartok on him.

Then he moved into me wanting to drop kick him

verging on me wanting to go all Queen of Hearts on him. Then he jumped right over that line and stayed in the Queen of Hearts zone for quite a while.

But Bobby was special. He did something no other character has ever done. Quite frankly, I was shocked.

And this is where I became beside myself while reading this. Bobby moved past Queen of Hearts into an unknown zone. I don’t even have a name for it because it’s never happened to me before. But Bobby pushed me over the edge. I sat there in shock at how much of an idiot and jerk he was.

And don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against jerk heroes. They’re actually quite enjoyable to read. I just don’t think I’ve ever encountered one quite like Bobby. I was in shock.

Like I said, Jessie Lane is incredibly talented to leave me stupefied, and having to come up with a new level of irritation for my meter. But (and I’ll only admit this under duress), Bobby did redeem himself in the end. I didn’t think it was possible, but he did it.

Since Bobby annoyed me so bad, I kept wanting someone to call him on this actions.

And I was not disappointed. It’s not often that a character is taken to task (more than once) for their actions, especially when they should be, so I was extremely glad to see more than one person call Bobby on his behavior. I was standing up cheering at those moments.

Moving on from Bobby’s issues, the story was really good. While it had a police/military type of story going on, it wasn’t the main focus. That was the relationship between Annabelle and Bobby. And their chemistry was off the charts!

But they had their sweet moments too.

Overall, this book is pretty much