Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Enjoyable Historical with a Fae addition. :)

To Steal a Highlander's Heart - Samantha Holt

It has been so long since I’ve read a historical romance. I had almost forgotten how much I loved them.

But this had everything I wanted in a historical romance…hot Scottish Highlander, a spunky highland lass, intrigue, murder plots and enemy clans.

The starts out when Alana and Morgann are young. They’re good friends but Morgann knows something that Alana doesn’t…her dad is up to no good and after the MacRae lands. Morgann is branded a thief (literally) and thrown off the Campbell lands, sparking a feud between the two families. My one issue with this part of the book was that it jumps 8 years into the future and you don’t see anything of the feud. No raids, battles, antagonism…nothing.

But, we do meet the very nice and interfering faery Tèile. She was there when Morgann was thrown off Campbell lands and decided that now was time to repay a debt to the Campbell family. Apparently, Alana’s mother helped a Fae give birth and Tèile was the one responsible for repaying the debt. I thought this was an interesting part of the book. I wish I’d had more information or seen the actual deal go down, but I liked Tèile. She definitely provided some funny moments. And I can’t wait for Finn’s story to see more of  Tèile’s meddling.

My only complaint is that the book could have been longer. It was still a great book and kept me engaged but I couldn’t help but feel like Morgann and Alana should have spent more time with his family or even by themselves…or both. And there were definitely threats to them (specifically Alana) but they  happened to close together. I was kind of hoping that they would be spaced out so that they were lulled into a false sense of security and let their guard down.

But overall, I really enjoyed this book and can’t wait to read more from the author.