Lindsay

Lindsay - from Co2BL

I love reading Romance, music, NKOTB, my dog, baseball and J.J. Hardy.

Great end to the series!

Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3) - Kristen Ashley

Once upon a time, I used to count the number of KA books I had read. But now I've read so many that I've lost count. I bring this up for a reason. I've read quite a few of KA's books. Some I've loved and some have been a trial for one reason or another. But one thing that has never happened, in all of her books I've read, is she has never made me cry. Until now.

I stated in my review for the first book of this series that It’s been my experience that there aren’t many authors that do contemporary and paranormal well. I was really surprised when I liked the first book. Even more so when I pretty much loved the second book. So that gave me high hopes for this book. And I'm happy to report that I wasn't the least disappointed.

You pretty much get the beginning of this book as an epilogue to book 2, <b><i>With Everything I am</i></b>, so I knew basically how this was going to start. I wasn't the least bit surprised by the instant connection between Abel and Delilah. There are times that I have issues with the suddenness of a relationship but it worked here. Delilah was understandably upset and freaked out after she met Abel but she quickly realized her connection to him and threw herself into her new life.

Abel...well, he surprised me. I don't know what I expected but it wasn't him. I guess because Lucien was an old world vampire with class and sophistication and Callum was royalty as King of the werewolves, I expected something similar out of Abel. So I was really surprised to see how removed he was from the paranormal world and that he was a biker. I never would have thought that would have worked but it did.

I also have to add that I love how much we saw of Lucien, Leah, Callum and Sonia in this book. I loved seeing the friendships that they had and how they all became close friends.

I realize that ARCs are precious commodities, especially when they come from this author. There were a few events that happened in this book that I would love to talk about and vent over but this is an ARC, most people haven't yet read this and it is the end of the series (which saddens me) so I don't want to spoil anything. I will say that for the big twists, there was one I really liked and was surprised by and there was one I hated down to my very soul. The second one made me cry and as a reader that holds grudges against fictional characters, it will probably keep me from rereading that part of this book. And I have to say that I wish there had been greater retribution handed out...but that's just my inner vampire coming out.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book, and the whole series. It definitely ranks up there with my favorite books by Kristen Ashley.